Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week is the official Top Ten Tuesday is taking a break for a few weeks so I’m making one up. This week I’m doing Top Ten things the placement of the books on my bookshelves tell you about me and my feelings toward them.
10. The book/series is on the shelf closest to my bed: this is an all-time favourite.
9. The book is resting on top of a shelf or on the nightstand: it’s newly bought or a very recent read.
8. The series is in a row behind the main row on my deep bookshelf(two rows per shelf): the cover changed and I’m still not over it.
7. A book by a certain author isn’t placed with all the others by that author: I really didn’t like it and don’t want it near the books I did like.
6. The book is on a shelf in my closet: I didn’t enjoy it and don’t plan on re-reading but there’s still something keeping me from getting rid of it.
5. The book is on the farthest shelf from my bed: it’s on the TBR list and will be read one day.
4. The series isn’t together: I either just read or just bought a book in the series and haven’t gotten around to putting it away.
3. The book is in a stack on the floor or computer chair: newly bought or the product of having to re-arrange shelf space and now needs a home.
2. I own multiple copies: this book is an absolute favourite so when the opportunity for special editions or signed copies came up, I took advantage.
- I own the whole series but it’s in the closet shelves: the author killed off my favourite in the last book and I’m still angry about it.