Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week is Top Ten yummy foods mentioned in books. I included books with food on the cover.
10. Rules of Rain – Leah Scheier. I really want to make the hummus she did for the Halloween party. Dyed red with beets to make it look like blood.
9. Bittersweet – Sarah Ockler. I want to try all of the cupcakes mentioned in this book.
8. The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe – CS Lewis. Yum, turkish delights.
7. The Hunger Games – Suzanne Collins. I want some of Peeta’s bread. And his cakes.
6. Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda – Becky Albertalli. I love Oreos.
5. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – Jenny Han. Yum, cookies.
4. The Hobbit – JRR Tolkien. Breakfast, second breakfast, elevensies, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, supper, oh the food.
3. The Raven Cycle – Maggie Stiefvater. Pizza and pecan pie. Yum. But not together.
2. The Girl of Fire and Thorns – Rae Carson. The descriptions of food, especially the scones, were mouth watering.
- Harry Potter – JK Rowling. Buterbeer, pumpkin pastries, everything!