Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week is Top Ten recommendations for X. I did Top Ten Recommendations for paranormal fans. I tried to keep it focused on books where the paranormal was the main plot instead of being mixed in with fantasy.
10. The Nightmare Affair – Mindee Arnett. I love Mindee Arnett and this book with a main character as a Nightmare at a boarding school for paranormal creatures introduces us to a lot of creatures who don’t often get mentioned.
9. Antigoddess – Kendare Blake. I love mythology so the idea of the Gods dying and warring while trying to save themselves really caught my attention.
8. Unspoken Sarah Rees Brennan. Sarah Rees Brennan writes some of the best characters who can be badass while still having a great sense of humour and dropping amazing one-liners.
7. Unearthly – Cynthia Hand. One of the first series I read featuring Angels and I loved it.
6. Sweet Evil – Wendy Higgins. This was another Angels-features series but it focused a lot more on the fallen Angels and sins and the children forced to do their parents bidding.
5. Obsidian – Jennifer L Armentrout. I didn’t think aliens were my thing until this series. And I love a character who’s a bookworm.
4. Vampire Academy – Richelle Mead. This series brought me back into the vampire-love I thought I was out of.
3. Some Girls Bite – Chloe Neill. This series is more adult-ish than the others on this list since the main character is in her 20s but it’s still very addicting.
2. The Darkest Minds – Alexandra Bracken. I loved this series and everything Alexandra Bracken has written. I can’t wait to see the movie. Please do it right.
- The Raven Boys – Maggie Stiefvater. Same as above. Please make this adaptation right. I loved how intricate this whole series was. It was a slow read but so worth it.