Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish, and has now moved to That Artsy Reader Girl. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week is Top Ten upcoming books I’m on the fence about reading. This was more difficult than I thought because I usually read anything and everything.
10. The Everlasting Rose – Dhonielle Clayton. The first one was okay. I’m just trying a new thing this year where I don’t automatically buy/read a sequel of a book I didn’t love just because I own the first.
9. You Owe Me A Murder – Eileen Cook. Thrillers in YA have been hit or miss.
8. How (Not) To Ask a Boy to Prom – SJ Goslee. This could be extremely cute. But it could also be extremely tropey.
7. Her Royal Highness – Rachel Hawkins. I didn’t love the first one but there were cute moments so a companion…we’ll see.
6. Going Off Script – Jen Wilde. This is another one that could be a really cute read with some important points. But it could go extremely wrong and end up with a main character who comes off as entitled.
5. Nexus – Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings. This is another one where I didn’t love the first.
4. War of the Bastards – Andrew Shvarts. I don’t know if I care enough about the characters to read this but yet, I do want to know how it ends because I’m so close to the end of the series.
3. The Boy and Girl Who Broke the World – Amy Reed. I’ve read one book by this author I really liked and one that I really didn’t.
2. Of Ice and Shadows – Audrey Coulthurst. The first was decent but it’s been so long in between that I’m not sure I feel the need to read it.
- The Bone Houses – Emily Lloyd Jones. It’s pitched as Buffy meets Sky in the Deep. I love both these things. That could be good or bad.