Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week is the official Top Ten Tuesday is taking a break for a few weeks so I’m making one up. Top Ten bookish facts about me that I’ve been hesitant to admit.
10. I don’t tend to picture characters in my head while reading and physical features don’t stick in my mind unless it’s something that’s brought up more than once(like the Weasleys’ red hair). On the bright side I’m very rarely disappointed in casting choices.
9. As much as I’ve disliked some books, I can’t think of them as bad since I know there’s people who have loved them, and as long as someone loved reading it, can it really be bad?
8. Hermione was actually my least favourite of the trio in Harry Potter and I think part of it has to do with everyone who’d read them before me telling me over and over she would be my favourite because she loved books. Making decisions for me makes me want to do the opposite.
7. I have an organizational method to my bookshelves. Just not one that makes sense to anyone else.
6. I won’t read a review if the person admits they didn’t read the book. If they tried and had to DNF, that’s different, but I doubt find I get anything of value from reading a review from someone who hasn’t even tried to read the book.
5. I would rather lose my page than dog-ear it.
4. Right now, I seem to gravitate toward fantasy and contemporary genres but I will read anything.
3. I can’t imagine ever outgrowing YA even as I branch out into other genres.
2. Bookish jobs are great but they’re still jobs. You can love and enjoy your job and still not be in love with all parts of it.
- I keep waiting for my reading habits to change since I know a lot of people who’ve changed as they got older but nothing has happened yet.