Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week is a Top Ten best books I’ve read this year.
10. They Both Die at the End – Adam Silvera. It’s Adam Silvera. He writes amazing books that break my heart and I read them even though I know it’s going to break my heart.
9. Letters to the Lost – Brigid Kemmerer. This book had me up all night. I love Brigid Kemmerer and I think this is her best yet.
8. Ginny Moon – Benjamin Ludwig. Not a YA book! This book had such a great narrator. I couldn’t put it down.
7. Eliza and her Monsters – Francesca Zappia. Such a relatable character! I loved Eiza and loved getting to see her webcomic incorporated into the book.
6. The Crown’s Fate – Evelyn Skye. I loved the first one, seeing the lightness and fun side of magic. This one I still loved but it was the opposite. We saw a lot of the dark side of magic. And people.
5. Goodbye Days – Jeff Zetner. Just looking at this makes me want to start crying again.
4. Caraval – Stephanie Garber. So magical. I would definitely read this again.
3. You’re Welcome, Universe – Whitney Gardner. Julia is one of my favourite characters so far this year.
2. A List of Cages – Robin Roe. It was great to see a book focus on friendships over romance.
- The Hate U Give – Angie Thomas. Such an important book!