Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week is Top Ten things on my reading wish list.
10. Maps in non-fantasy books. I like maps and most fantasy books I’ve read had one inside but rarely do I see a map included in a non-fantasy books. We Were Liars is one that comes to mind of a contemporary with a map and I loved that.
9. Musketeers era. I’m binge watching The Musketeers for a nth time and I would love to see more books set in this time period, or even a YA Musketeers book.
8. Families the reader just can’t help wanting to be a part of. Family goals in books are the best.
7. Multi-POVs. They seem to be becoming more popular but I love getting to see the story from so many different eyes instead of just one or two.
6. Girls being involved in activities considered “boy-ish”. I love when characters take gender norms and flip them so I love when girls are involved in things like science club, mathletes, because they love it and not because of a boy.
5. Paranormal. There’s lots of fantasy and contemporary coming out but I’m finding I’m kind of missing vampires and werewolves right now.
4. Good adaptations. This isn’t really a reading wish list one but I want to keep seeing good adaptations of books. I don’t expect to the letter faithfulness but give the story the respect the fans deserves, make changes that make sense, etc.
3. Mixed genres. I really like seeing a little dystopian in my fantasy or sci-fi.
2. Fandom in my books. This seems to be getting a bit more popular but I loved when the characters are just as geeky as I am.
- Duologies. This seems to be becoming the new trilogy and I really love it. For all those times I felt one book wasn’t enough but three stretched it out too much, two is perfect.