Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week is Top Ten things that will make me read a book.
10. Road trip – I love road trip books, which is a little weird because I’m not much of a traveler. I guess I like living through the characters.
9. The Breakfast Club – the synopsis giving me a Breakfast Club vibe is a sure way to make certain the book ends up coming home with me.
8. Hate-to-love romance – I love slow burn romance so when the two characters start off hating each other, at least I know there’s no instalove.
7. Geek/nerd themes – the book bringing comic con, fandom, or anything else that I love into it is another way to make sure the book ends up in my shopping cart.
6. Misfit family – A step above the Breakfast Club vibe, this one is more Firefly-like. A bunch of outcasts/misfits ending up considering each other family is always a must read.
5. Blurb by a beloved author – If one of my favourite authors has read the book and loved it, I will pick it up.
4. Snow/rain storms – This isn’t something that’s in the book but whenever it’s storming outside, I read. It’s automatic.
3. Siblings – As someone with 3 sisters and a brother-in-law, sibling relationships is always something that really intrigues me in a book.
2. Magic – I blame Harry Potter and Tamara Pierce. I love magic in my stories.
- Space travel – I love Sci-fi but I especially love it when the characters are on a ship traveling through space instead of planet-bound.