Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. Top Ten Tuesday is taking a well-deserved break so it’s two weeks of freebies until March 7th. I’m doing Top Ten current favourite songs that could be a book’s theme song.
10. Kris Allen – Waves: With lyrics like “Someone told me watch out, and another told me run” and “She is my hurricane, and I, I am her ocean”it could fit into any books with that relationship everyone is against except for the two actually in the relationship.
9. The Pigott Brothers – The Beautiful’s Gone: Almost the opposite of the song above, this one is more realizing the relationship isn’t what it used to be, even if the other person is trying to convince you otherwise.
8. Miranda Frignon – Hiding Place: This song is very simple but the lyrics really resonate. It would fit with any plot where a character wants to help someone but knows there’s only so much they can do until the other person is willing to accept help.
7. Kelly Clarkson – Invincible: When this song comes on, I crank it. It’s great for that moment when the main character thinks they’re done but then find the strength to overcome everything.
6. Espen Lind – Unloved: I can’t even remember how I heard of this guy but I fell in love with this song and so many more. A perfect song for when the character is going through a rough break-up and has to see the other person every day, especially if that person is already moving on.
5. Kurt Nilsen – Never Easy: I like the contrast in this song. The music is pretty light but when you listen to the lyrics, what seems like a light, pop song is much deeper. For all those relationships in books when the characters are keeping secrets and not talking to each other, resulting in fights and harsh words.
4. Lee DeWyze – Blackbird Song: This song is so haunting and could work well in a lot of ways but I can easily picture it as the main character seeing so much destruction as they are packing up their things, leaving their home behind, hitting rock bottom before finding the determination to go on.
3. Ruelle – Game of Survival: “Are we the hunters or are we the prey?” The song is very catchy but it also fits so many books. Game of Survival seems like it would fit right into a lot of the fantasy and dystopian books I’ve read.
2. Eurielle – Hate Me: Another song that is absolutely beautiful and haunting. I’m definitely thinking high fantasy with this one. For some reason A Court of Thrones of Roses always comes to mind, at least that kind of relationship.
1. Skylar Grey – Straight Shooter: I wanted to end the list with something a little more upbeat than the last few songs and this one gets cranked up when it comes on. It’s great for fight scenes.