Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s topic is Top Ten romance freebie. I went with Top Ten YA romances I would read over going out for Valentine’s Day.
10. By Your Side – Kasie West. Really, anything Kasie West would be perfect to cuddle up with in front of the fire with a blanket and some hot chocolate that I wouldn’t have to share. This one is one of my favourites for the getting trapped in the library aspect because who doesn’t want to be locked overnight in a library?
9. The Start of Me and You – Emery Lord. This one cuts a little deeper than a fluffy romance but it’s so worth it. I love the slowburn romance and how they both support each other.
8. Anna and the French Kiss – Stephanie Perkins. No matter what happens, I think this will remain one of my favourite trilogies for contemporary. I loved getting to see Anna fall in love with Paris and with Etienne.
7. First & Then – Emma Mills. I’m not a huge football fan in life but with books, movies, and TV shows I love it. The combination of football and the slow romance was perfect.
6. Paper Princess – Erin Watt. This one is on my TBR but what better time to cross it off than Valentine’s Day. Especially when it’s been storming for so long outside. A little stormy plot might be preferable.
5. Geekerella – Ashley Poston. This is another one I want to read soon. Plus, Geek culture and fairy tale retelling seems like something I will definitely enjoy.
4. The Unexpected Everything – Morgan Matson. My favourites by her are her heartbreakers but this one is so perfect for cuddling up with.
3. Nowhere But Here – Katie McGarry. I didn’t think she would be able to top my love for Pushing the Limits(and two of my favourite book boys are in that series) but I’ve fallen for the Thunder Road series even harder. Maybe it’s the bad boys thing.
2. Lost & Found – Nicole Williams. Like Paper Princess, this one is more New Adult than YA but it involves a ranch and cowboys and I absolutely fell in love.
1. The Upside of Unrequited – Becky Albertalli. I loved Simon VS the Homo Sapiens Agenda so a follow up with companion characters is a must read.