Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s topic is Top Ten underrated gems I’ve read in the last year or so. I chose underrated to mean under 3000 Goodreads ratings and nothing within the last three months.
10. Outrun the Moon – Stacey Lee. I loved Mercy Wong, her will power, her “bossy” cheeks, and everything about her.
9. The Girl Who Fell – Shannon M Parker. This book was terrifying in the way such a good, smart girl got involved with the wrong guy and how easily he manipulated her.
8. Love and Other Unknown Variables – Shannon Lee Alexander. I fell in love with these characters and they broke my heart.
7. Front Lines – Michael Grant. This idea of an alternate history where girls where allowed to join to fight really intrigued me and it delivered.
6. How It Feels To Fly – Kathryn Holmes. I got so invested in these kids’ stories and I wanted to see them heal.
5. The Lies About Truth – Courtney C Stevens. Sadie’s growth through this book was a huge highlight of my reading year.
4. Don’t Touch – Rachel M Wilson. Caddie’s story was one I could relate to and found very memorable.
3. Me Since You – Laura Weiss. This is has stayed with me since I read it and I don’t see it going away any time soon.
2. Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit – Jaye Robin Brown. I really liked the balancing the main character did through this book between her faith, being herself, and compromising to get her voice heard.
1. Shutter – Courtney Alameda. I loved how creepy this book was. It was like watching one of the scarier episodes of Supernatural.