Once again I am participating in Jamie’s End of Year book survey. It’s always a lot of fun:)
Number Of Books You Read: 222
Number of Re-Reads: 1
Genre You Read The Most From: YA(or contemporary if I break down the YA genres)
1. Best Book You Read In 2016? Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys but Hamilton: The Revolution comes a close second.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t? The Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley. It was pitched as Pacific Rim meets The Avengers meets Sailor Moon so I went in with high expectations and they weren’t met.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read? Hamilton: The Revolution. I wasn’t sure if I would fall in love with the book the same way I did the musical but I definitely did.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)? The Crown’s Game by Evenlyn Skye.
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016? Started – The Crown’s Game by Evenlyn Skye. Sequel – Like a River Glorious by Rae Carson. Ender – Frost Like Night by Sara Raasch.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016? Evelyn Skye
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone? Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year? Frost Like Night – Sara Raasch
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year? Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Script Edition – JK Rowling.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016? Frost Like Night – Sara Raasch
11. Most memorable character of 2016? Pen from Girl Mans Up – ME Girard
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016? The Sun is Also a Star – Nicola Yoon
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016? Symptoms of Being Human – Jeff Garvin
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read? The Invasion of the Tearling – Erika Johansen.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016? “How can something feel so crucial in the moment and then seem completely trivial after the fact?” Girl Against the Universe – Paula Stokes.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016? Shortest – Breathless by Sophie Jordan, Longest – Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare.
17. Book That Shocked You The Most? The Fever Code – James Dashner.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)! Tobiah/Wil from The Orphan Queen/The Mirror King – Jodi Meadows.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year! Paul and Theo bromance from the Firebird series – Claudia Gray.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously? Outrun the Moon – Stacey Lee
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure: Salt to the Sea – Ruta Sepetys.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016? Nikolai from The Crown’s Game – Evenlyn Skye.
23. Best 2016 debut you read? The Crown’s Game – Evelyn Skye.
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year? Frost Like Night – Sara Raasch.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read? By Your Side – Kasie West.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016? Salt to the Sea – Ruta Sepetys.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year? All We Have Left – Wendy Mills
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul? Salt to the Sea – Ruta Sepetys.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016? Style-wise: The Cursed Child or Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Script Editions. First time reading script books. Plot-wise: Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthrust.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)? Salt to the Sea – Ruta Sepetys.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017? Lady Midnight – Cassandra Clare
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)? The Crown’s Fate – Evelyn Skye.
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating? The Hate U Give – Angie Thomas.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017? The Gold Seer Trilogy – Rae Carson.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017? Have more social posts that involve more interactions with other bloggers.
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone: By Your Side – Kasie West. It’s so cute and who wouldn’t want to be trapped in a library?