Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s topic is Top Ten books I read in 2016.
10. The Secret of a Heart Note – Stacey Lee. I loved the Practical Magic feel of this book.
9. Salt to the Sea – Ruta Sepetys. This book was so heart destroying but also very, very important and memorable.
8. The Mirror King – Jodi Meadows. This was an amazing conclusion to an amazing duology.
7. Girl Against the Universe – Paula Stokes. Such relatable characters and my favourite Paula Stokes book yet.
6. Shooter – Caroline Pignat. This book was so easy to lose myself in and I loved all the different formats it used to tell the story.
5. Outrun the Moon – Stacey Lee. The second Stacey Lee book to make this list. She is definitely a favourite author. I loved Mercy and her “bossy cheeks”.
4. Like A River Glorious – Rae Carson. I loved this follow up even more than the first one – which I didn’t think would be possible.
3. The Female of the Species – Mindy McGinnis. This book was just amazing. Mindy is another author where each time I read a book by her, I like it more than the previous one.
2. The Crown’s Game – Evelyn Skye. I loved the Russian setting and the magical battle between the two main characters.
1. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: Script Edition – JK Rowling. I’m pretty sure I will love anything that adds to the Harry Potter universe but it was really interesting to see the magical world through the eyes of new characters.