Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s topic is a Top Ten villains theme. I’m doing Top Ten Villains I wouldn’t want to encounter.
10. Queen Elara – Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard. I hate the idea of people in me head and I hate secret agendas and being forced to play political games. Elara is all that in one.
9. Starkey – Unwind series by Neal Shusterman. Normally when the villains are young I try to be forgiving but with Starkey, I just wanted him gone.
8. The White Witch – Chronicles of Narnia by CS Lewis. She was the only thing that would hold me back from visiting Narnia if someone said “I found the wardrobe!’.
7. The Trunchbull – Matilda by Roald Dahl. I don’t know who I’d want to avoid more. The principal or the parents.
6. Angra – Snow Like Ashes series by Sara Raasch. He’s like a cockroach. Just when you think you got rid of him, there he is again. And using the Decay to get inside your mind…it’s that hating mind control thing again.
5. Hiram Westfall – Goldseer trilogy by Rae Carson. Greed can turn people into monster, and when that person is already a bad person, that person is someone I want to run from.
4. The world – Uninvited by Sophie Jordan. I don’t know who to pick as the villain in this one. The people who decided a ‘killer’ gene meant you’re evil, the government for spreading paranoia, the government for just being evil.
3. President Snow – The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. There is nothing good I can find to say about him. Run far away before he decides you have too much backbone and throws you in the arena.
2. Voldemort – Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling. I will read about dark, evil, world-dominating wizards and cheer on heroes to defeat them. From the safety of my bedroom.
1. Umbridge – Harry Potter series by JK Rowling. If I had to choose between running into Voldemort and running into Umbridge, I’d rather run into Voldemort.