Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s topic is Top Ten favourite books of all-time in X genre. I’m doing High Fantasy YA. So by all-time I really mean the last 2-3 years or even less since I haven’t been reading Fantasy long.
10. Three Dark Crowns – Kendare Blake. This one’s not even out yet but I love it when my fantasy books go dark and what could be darker than sisters forced to kill each other for the throne.
9. The Great Hunt – Wendy Higgins. A princess’ hand promised to the slayer of the beast could have been cliche in other hands. In Wendy Higgins’, I’m so excited for more.
8. The Shadow Queen – CJ Redwine. I’ve really been loving the fantasy coming out recently and this one’s no exception. I can’t wait to see how the others fit into this series.
7. Ruined – Amy Tintera. Another recent one but I fell in love with this world where only certain people have magic and not everything is as it seems.
6. The Crown’s Game – Evelyn Sky. This book is very new but I have high hopes for the rest of the series based on the debut.
5. The Orphan Queen – Jodi Meadows. I loved the world-building and the dynamics between the characters.
4. The Girl of Fire and Thorns – Rae Carson. This is one of my all-time favourite series, not just books. The character growth in the first book alone was more than I see sometimes in an entire series.
3. Snow Like Ashes – Sara Raasch. I love how complicated this world is and the way magic is used.
2. Throne of Glass – Sarah J Maas. This main character is a badass. She’s awesome. The whole series is awesome.
1. Shadow and Bone – Leigh Bardugo. Such a great, complex world with characters to love, hate, and love to hate.