Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s topic is Top Ten books with X setting. I’m doing Top Ten books set in a mythical world/town/school I would visit.
10. Joya d’Arena from the Fire and Thorns series – Rae Carson. The descriptions of this kingdom sound amazing.
9. Lochlanach from the Eurona duology – Wendy Higgins. I wouldn’t do so well if I met up with the beast but it has a monarchy that seems to truly care about everyone in the kingdom.
8. Aecor from The Orphan Queen duology – Jodi Meadows. We don’t get to see too much of Aecor in this series since it’s the kingdom the main character is trying to reclaim but from what we do get to see, it seems like an amazing place to see.
7. The Shire from The Hobbit – JRR Tolkien. Who doesn’t want to live in a hobbit hole in the Shire?
6. Narnia from The Chronicles of Narnia – CS Lewis. My wardrobes were never as cool as Lucy’s.
5. The Core from the Balance Keepers series – Lindsay Cummings. Living at the center of the world, so many cool mythical creatures.
4. St Vladimir’s Academy from the Vampire Academy Series – Richelle Mead. Only if I was a vampire of course. I don’t think I could visit as a feeder.
3. Arkwell Academy from the Arwell Academy series – Mindee Arnett. It’s a school full of mythical creatures.
2. Camp Shadow Falls from the Shadow Falls series – CC Hunter. This might be the only time I would enjoy camping.
1. Hogwarts from the Harry Potter lifestyle – JK Rowling. Like any other place was going to be number one.