Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s topic is Top Ten Facts about Me.
10. I am a member of three subscription boxes: Uppercase, OwlCrate, and Fandomofthemonthclub. It cuts into my book budget a bit but it’s so worth it.
9. I love to read while taking a long bubble bath and have never dropped a book in the water(hopefully just didn’t jinx myself).
8. I work in a bookstore.
7. I still live in the small town(which has expanded to a small city) where I was born and I love it. I don’t regret still being here.
6. The store I work at is hosting a midnight launch party for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and I’m in charge of the planning. I am having so much fun with it!
5. My sister gave birth in February to my first nephew and he’s absolutely adorable. Can already tell he’s going to be a bookworm.
4. I have a small obsession with candles.
3. I don’t have my driver’s license because I prefer to walk, even in the winter.
2. Even though it seems like I spend money on a whim, I’m actually really good at budgeting and knowing how much I have to work a week to earn enough money to keep a decently sized book and play fund.
1. I’ve been “reading” since I was about two years old. I had all the words to my favourite books memorized and would correct anyone who pronounced words wrong or get angry when someone skipped a few words. There’s even a picture of two-year-old me after pulling all the books off the bookshelves, book in hand, obviously so happy to be completely surrounded by a pile of books.