Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s topic is Top Ten favourite 2016 releases so far this year.
10. Shooter – Caroline Pignat. I fell in love with the characters and the Breakfast Club feel they had to them.
9. How it Feels to Fly – Kathryn Holmes. I connected so much with not only the main character but all the teens at the support group.
8. Symptoms of Being Human – Jeff Garvin. This one shook me with how poignant it was and it’s such a relevant book for today.
7. Salt to the Sea – Ruta Sepetys. I am NOT okay after this book. I was NOT prepared.
6. Girl Against the Universe – Paula Stokes. I loved the quirkiness of the characters and how easy it was to relate to them all.
5. The Way Back to You – Michelle Andreani and Mindi Scott. I love road trip books and this one to visit the recipients of their best friend/girlfriend’s organs struck a chord with me.
4. The Mirror King – Jodi Meadows. I was so excited to read this one after The Orphan Queen ended. Then I read it and ow, my heart.
3. The Girl Who Fell – SM Parker. This one was a little terrifying but also very relevant to today. Watching such a smart girl get sucked into an abusive relationship was so hard but also so real.
2. Ruined – Amy Tintera. I love Amy Tintera and this book only added to the reasons.
1. The Crown’s Game – Evelyn Sky. This might turn out to be my book of the year. I loved it that much.