Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s topic is Top Ten beach reads.
10. A Walk in the Sun – Michelle Zink. This book takes place on a farm but it’s a light read that makes it great for a little outside reading.
9. The Unexpected Everything – Morgan Matson. It had so many friendship moments and a great romance that makes it perfect for a beach read.
8. My Lady Jane – Cynthia Hand/Brodi Ashton/Jodi Meadows. This is surprisingly light and funny for a historical novel and is a great choice for a beach read that’s different from contemporary.
7. On the Fence – Kasie West. Any Kasie West book really makes a great beach companion.
6. Proof of Forever – Lexa Hillyer. When I think beach, I think friends so this book about a group of friends reconnecting seems like a perfect choice.
5. The Summer of Chasing Mermaids – Sarah Ockler. Because this book made me want to go to the beach, go sailing, and enjoy living in a small coastal town.
4. Nowhere But Here – Katie McGarry. For the days when I feel I need a little bad boy company at the beach.
3. Anna and the French Kiss – Stephanie Perkins. It takes place during the school year but it’s so sweet and addicting that it still makes a great beach read.
2. Summer of Sloane – Erin L Schenider. It takes place in Hawaii. Does it get any more beachy than that?
1. Breathe – Abbi Glines. The series is called Seabreeze and there’s lots of shirtless and swimsuit clad models on the covers. Seems very beachy to me.