Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s topic is Top Ten books I picked up on a whim.
10. City of Bones – Cassandra Clare. I hadn’t heard much about this series when I finally decided to give it a try. I remember picking it up a few times but never going through with starting it until a few sick days meant I needed something to read.
9. Some Girls Bite – Chloe Neill. I flew through the Morganville Vampires series and was looking for something similar but with older characters so I gave this one a chance and got addicted.
8. Vampire Academy – Richelle Mead. I remember buying it and the next two in the series but feeling vampire’d out before actually starting them. One day I was in the mood for a little vampire reading and the next thing I knew, I’d finished the whole series.
7. Lost and Found – Nicolle Williams. I believe I gave this one a try because I’d been reading a lot of light/fluffy relationship books and wanted something where the characters had some rough edges and there was a little more mature content. And I got it here.
6. The Isle of the Lost – Melissa de la Cruz. I’d watched the movie with my younger sisters and when I learned there was a prequel book, I had to give it a try.
5. Anna and the French Kiss – Stephanie Perkins. I was heavy into a dystopian phase when I picked this one up. I blame it for starting my contemporary binge that still hasn’t stopped.
4. Unspoken – Sarah Rees Brennan. I’d just finished Team Human that Sarah Rees Brennan co-wrote and wanted to see if this series had the same humour. It had even more:)
3. Sweet Evil -Wendy Higgins. I wasn’t sure if I would want to read about Angels and demons but I gave it a try anyway. And got completely addicted.
2. Glass Houses – Rachel Caine. It was a March break and I wanted a long series. I think there were nine or ten out of this series at the time. I read them all that week.
1. Something Real – Heather Demetrios. I still don’t know what posessed me to pick this one up. The cover maybe. I’m not one for reality shows so the premise made me nervous but man, was I sucked in so fast!