Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s topic is Top Ten childhood characters I’d like to revisit as adults.
10. Mary Lennox – The Secret Garden. I would love to see where she’s at as a twenty-something year old.
9. Fern – Charlotte’s Web. Same with Fern. Did she stay on the farm? Did she go off to have great adventures?
8. Patricia – A Handful of Time. Does she tell her kids all about that summer she went back in time?
7. Henry, Jessie, Violet, and Benny – The Boxcar Children. Are they still really close? Do they all still solve mysteries?
6. The Bobbsey Twins. These were written so long ago that it’s jarring to go back and skim through them. What would they be like as adults in our time now?
5. Matilda. I always wanted to see if Matilda would end up being a teacher.
4. Madeline. As someone who’s still not very tall, I’ve always wondered if Madeline would also stay small.
3. Harriet – Harriet the Spy. Does she become a teenage Veronica Mars?
2. Nancy Drew – Nancy Drew Mysteries. This one just might be happening if the pilot gets picked up. Half of me is excited, half thinks they’ll ruin one of my favourite characters.
1. Frank and Joe Hardy – The Hardy Boys Mysteries. It would be interesting to see them as adults who have been estranged for a few years, or even just so busy with their own lives that they don’t talk for weeks sometimes, and coming back together to help someone they love.