Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s topic is Top Ten books to make you laugh.
10. Top Ten Clues You’re Clueless – Liz Czukas. This book had a bit of a Breakfast Club vibe to it and had me laughing so many times.
9. Anatomy of a Misfit – Andrea Portes. This is full of dark humour and was just as funny as it was heartbreaking.
8. Don’t Get Caught – Kurt Dinan. Another one with a Breakfast Club feel to it. It has so many pranks that it’s impossible not to laugh at one.
7. The Revenge Playbook – Rachael Allen. Another book involving pranks and dares but this time in revenge of bully football players and showcasing some serious girl power.
6. Bookishly Ever After – Isabel Bandeira. This group of friends inspired many laugh out loud moments.
5. Dumplin’ – Julie Murphy. This book has a great, positive message but there’s also many, many scenes to have its reader tearing up with laughter.
4. The Improbable Theory of Ana & Zak – Brian Katcher. I don’t know if this book was really as funny as I thought or if it amused me so much every time I got one of the references to geek-culture, but either way I laughed a lot.
3. Unspoken – Sarah Rees Brennan. The main character’s voice in this series is so on-point with hilarious comments and observations. Very Veronica-Mars like sense of humour.
2. Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda – Becky Albertalli. Simon and his family are the cause of many, many bouts of laughter.
1. The Fill-in Boyfriend – Kasie West. Any of Kasie West’s contemporary are usually filled with light and touching but funny moments.