Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s topic is Top Ten best books I’ve read recently.
10. The Way Back to You – Michelle Andreani and Mindi Scott. This was an emotional read that had a lot of cute and funny parts. There were times when my sad tears blended in with my happy tears.
9. The Mirror King – Jodi Meadows. There’s a part of me that still wants to throw this book across the room once I get my hands on a physical copy(no throwing the e-reader!). Obviously it got to me.
8. Salt to the Sea – Ruta Sepetys. It seems like every book I pick up by her is better than the last.
7. Symptoms of Being Human – Jeff Garvin. This book was just amazing. I loved the main character and all the supporting cast.
6. Bookishly Ever After – Isabel Bandeira. This book was so cute and I could identify with the main character easily. Plus it mentions PEI!
5. An Ember in the Ashes – Sabaa Tahir. Definitely one of those books that made me wonder why I let it sit on my shelf for so long. Dropped the ball on this one.
4. The Shadow Queen – CJ Redwine. I really enjoyed this spin on Snow White and all the world-building that was brought into it. I also love that it was a complete story but there will be companion novels so I will see these characters again.
3. Passenger – Alexandra Bracken. This is one I know some people loved and some really didn’t. It’s a slow book, especially at the beginning, and it does take a while for the time travel to really start happening in a way that affect the plot. The interactions between the characters kept me reading through the slow parts and I still ended up really liking it.
2. Don’t Get Caught – Kurt Dinan. Some books are just fun to read and this was one of them. I love the prank war, the misfit characters, the Breakfast Club meets Ocean’s 11 feel.
1. The Way I Used to Be – Amber Smith. Damn, I guess I didn’t really need my heart. It’s fine. You can totally crush it.