Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s topic is Top Ten Books I Really Love But Feel Like I Haven’t Talked About Enough/In A While.
10. Avalon – Mindee Arnett. This was the first book in a sci-fi duology and since both books have been out for a while, I haven’t talked about them recently. I loved the misfit family feel the crew had and the whole Firefly vibe.
9. Something Real – Heather Demetrios. I fell in love with these characters and this was the book that put Heather Demetrios on my auto-buy list. It was also the first book I read by her.
8. Prisoner of Night and Fog – Anne Blankman. Another duology where both books have been released for a while. One of my favourite historical fiction novels.
7. Anna and the French Kiss – Stephanie Perkins. It makes me sad that all three books are out and I will continue to hold out hope that maybe we will see more.
6. Rites of Passage – Joy N Hensley. Sam, the main character, was so badass. I wouldn’t have even made it through to the barracks let alone through all the training she did.
5. Don’t Touch – Rachel M Wilson. This book brought out so many feels.
4. The Madman’s Daughter – Megan Shepherd. I loved how dark the twists on these retellings were.
3. All the Bright Places – Jennifer Niven. I still haven’t reviewed this book because it destroyed me so much.
2. Challenger Deep – Neal Shusterman. This is a book I wish I got to talk about more in casual conversation because it was so good and so eye-opening.
1. The Last Time We Say Goodbye – Cynthia Hand. This book physically hurt me to read. My chest was so tight and my hands were shaking but I refused to put it down.