Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s topic is top ten characters people love that I just don’t get. I couldn’t think too many characters I disliked enough to put on this list so instead I’m doing top ten recent female characters I love in honour of international women’s day.
10. Phoebe from Bookishly Ever After – Isabel Bandeira. She’s a bookworm and she’s so passionate about the way she feels about her favourite books and characters.
9. Princess Aerity from The Great Hunt – Wendy Higgins. She’s caring and willing to sacrifice for her kingdom. And she can give just as good as she gets when it comes to being stubborn and matching wits.
8. Lea from Assassin’s Heart – Sarah Ahiers. She’s fierce and deadly. How could she not be in a family of assassins? She’s also honourable in her own ways and very determined.
7. Lorelai from The Shadow Queen – CJ Redwine. Another determined character who only wants to protect her kingdom and avenge her family.
6. Rio from Front Lines – Michael Grant. All the girls in this were great but Rio’s the one who stood out for me. She was the one I found myself relating to the most.
5. Marguerite from the Firebird series – Claudia Gray. I love that she’s not fearless but willing to risk her life anyway to save the people she loves.
4. Devon from First & Then – Emma Mills. I love how realistic she felt to me. She wasn’t suddenly best friends with her cousin when he moved in and she wasn’t suddenly athletic when she was forced to take gym.
3. Sadie from The Lies About Truth – Courtney C Stevens. Another character that felt so realistic. She struggled with the effects of the accident and with self-confidence.
2. Meira from the Snow Like Ashes series – Sara Raasch. I love Meira and her desire to see Winter grow into a great kingdom. I love her determination to have the people she loves safe. I agree with her beliefs that magic will only do harm if used the way others want.
1. Shahrzad from The Wrath and the Dawn – Renee Ahdieh. I love that she’s willing to step up to avenge her friend even though there’s no guarantee that she’ll succeed. I love how quick thinking she is and that she’s willing to look beyond how things appear to see the truth.