Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s topic is top ten books to read if you like X. I went with heist movies like Ocean’s 11/revenge plots.
10. Daughter of Deep Silence – Carrie Ryan. This one may not be a heist book but it does involve a lot planning and trickery on the main character’s part.
9. Pretending to be Erica – Michelle Painchaud. Violet is pretending to be Erica, the lost daughter of a rich family, so she can steal a painting.
8. The Revenge Playbook – Rachael Allen. This is another one that doesn’t actually involve a heist but the revenge aspect and all the pranks can evoke the same emotions.
7. Get Even – Gretchen McNeil. Another one that’s more revenge than heist. These four girls get even with school bullies and it’s great until one of their victims turns up dead.
6. Lies I Told – Michelle Zink. This one does have a heist feel to it. The main character was adopted by her parents specifically to run cons.
5. All Fall Down – Ally Carter. Ally’s first appearance but not the last. This one has more of a thriller/mystery feel than a heist feel but there are times when it reminds me of a good ‘nothing is what it seems’ heist plot.
4. Liars, Inc – Paula Stokes. This one reminds me of a heist plot in reverse, where we get the POV of the victim trying to figure out who’s messing with him. In this case, who’s framing him for murder.
3. Conspiracy of Us – Maggie Hall. This is another one that fits more into the thriller/mystery category but it’s the beginning of a series that has the potential for so many twists and turns.
2. Vengeance Road – Erin Bowman. Epic revenge as Kate disguises herself as a boy to track down the people who murdered her father.
1. Heist Society – Ally Carter. How could anything else be number one in a heist themed list? This was so much fun to read.