Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s Top Ten is books I’d give a theme song to. I’m going to exclude any book already made into a movie or TV show since most of theme already have a song my brain associates with them.
10. Alienated – Melissa Landers. Song: Alien Like You – The Pigott Brothers. Lift your eyes and let me in/Cause Baby, I’m an alien like you. One main character is human and one is alien but they’re more alike than they realize.
9. Crash into You – Katie McGarry. Song: Save my Soul – Low Level Flight. Always one thing or another/Just as I start to recover/Out my blindside came a landslide/Knocked me off the ground. Every time it seemed like things were going right for this couple, something would happen.
8. The Year We Fell Apart – Emily Martin. Song: Hiding Place – Miranda Frigon. You’re underwater and I’m staring down at you/So I reach down to take your hand/But reach much further down and I’ll be drowning too/So I’ll just sit right here and wait for you to swim back up. Harper keeps making the same mistakes and her friends want to help her but there’s only so much they can do.
7. Exile – Kevin Emerson. Song: Anything – Hedley. A thousand disbelievers couldn’t keep me on the ground/I’ve invented a momentum that’ll never slow me down. This book already has lyrics from the fictional band but I think this song fits Summer, the main character and non-musician of the group. Plenty of people don’t believe in her ability to manage a band but she doesn’t let that stop her.
6. The Night We Said Yes – Lauren Gibaldi. Song: Misfit Parade – MacKenzie Porter. We’ll put the radio on and rock out to songs/Leave the day/We’re gonna paint this town/The Misfit Parade. The video is just a lot of fun, the song is a lot of fun, and it seems like it would fit right into this foursomes nights of fun.
5. Red Queen – Victoria Aveyard. Song: Wine and Roses – The Pigott Brothers. Some days the rebel in us kicks up dirt/Some days the solider in us surrenders. I really love when there’s that one quiet song during a movie with lots of action that makes you pay attention to the words and I think this one fits nicely for this book.
4. Let’s Get Lost – Adi Alsaid. Song: The Traveling Kind – The Trews. For the traveling kind it’s nice to have some time/To stay a while for now/I been runnin’ to find a little piece of mind/To rise above the clouds. Leila definitely reminds me of someone who is the traveling kind looking for something or someone.
3. Under the Never Sky – Veronica Rossi. Song: Cascades – Metric. Cascading waves of emotion/Cascading over us still/From leaving feelings left unspoken/The way we always will. The techno-vibe of this song feels like it would fit in with the futuristic feel of this book.
2. The Museum of Intangible Things – Wendy Wunder. Song: Rocket Girl – Doc Walker. Hey, where we going today Rocket Girl/Tell me what life is like passed that city limit sign. Zoe just really reminds me of what I see the Rocket Girl from this song being.
1. The Orphan Queen – Jodi Meadows. Song: Heaven – Kira Isabella. All I know is I’m alive/Lying by your side/And the cruel world is waiting. The cruel world always seems to be waiting for our couples in these kinds of books and any stolen moments together gives them hope.