Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s Top Ten is putting your own spin on either the future or the past. I’m doing settings I love/would love to see.
Settings I love:
10. I can’t get enough of WWII settings. I know going in there’s going to be a lot of action, characters I will likely cry over, and so much history.
9. The Oregon trail. It’s danger everywhere and the slow pace of the wagon train or travel means lots of opportunity for new friendships and great conversation.
8. The 1800s. This time period fascinates me.
7. Space. The possibilities just seem endless.
6. Steampunk. I do love the Victorian-era on its own but I really love when steampunk elements are thrown in as well. It adds a different mix.
5. Alien planets. How are they different than us? How are they the same? So many questions.
Setting I would love to see more:
4. Books set in countries we don’t see much of or that don’t exist anymore. Ex: Prussia.
3. The near future. It seems like most futuristic books I’ve read focus on 100+ years into the future. What about ten years? Do we change much? Is it the same?
2. The 1950s. I’ve read a lot of books with a WWII setting but not a lot that focus on the aftermath.
1. 17th century France. Or more specifically anything to do with The Musketeers era because it’s The Musketeers era.