Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s Top Ten is a freebie so I choose to do Top Ten books that hooked my by the first chapters.
10. Assassin’s Heart – Sarah Ahiers. Start off with the main character assassinating someone and chances are I’ll want to keep reading.
9. Vampire Academy – Richelle Mead. Definite high stakes right away;)
8. Steelheart – Brandon Sanderson. Another one that started off with a huge bang and I just had to keep reading.
7. Snow Like Ashes – Sara Raasch. World-building in the first chapters, setting the mood, defining relationships. This one chapter does a lot.
6. A Thousand Pieces of You – Claudia Gray. This one started off with the main character vowing revenge for the murder of her father and the betrayal of someone she trusted. Definitely needed more!
5. The Madman’s Daughter – Megan Shepherd. The dark mood so important to the whole series is set nicely in the first chapters.
4. The Darkest Minds – Alexandra Bracken. I was actually hooked by the tiny prologue in this book. After the first chapter, there was no hope of me stopping.
3. Shutter – Courtney Aladema. The first chapter does a great job showing us what we’re in for with this creepy book.
2. The Raven Boys – Maggie Stiefvater. How could I not be hooked?
1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone – JK Rowling. Again, it didn’t really take the full first chapter for me to know I would be reading this all night.