Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s Top Ten is debut authors I can’t wait to release a sophomore book.
10. Emma Mills. It hasn’t been that long since I finished her first book but I’m already excited for the next one. I loved the characters and the way the plot unfolded.
9. Aaron Hartzler. This debut made me think about the way I would react, the way I hope that I would react, and the thoughts I hope would never enter my mind. I can’t wait to see him tackle a different subject.
8. Michelle Levy. This book broke me into little pieces so maybe her next book will be more uplifting?
7. Jasmine Warga. Because ouch, this book was almost physically painful to read and I loved it.
6. Francesca Zappia. This debut was amazing and really eye-opening to mental illness.
5. I.W. Gregorio. Another book that took on a hard issue, this time intersex, and handled it well.
4. Stacey Lee. One of my favourite books so far this year.
3. Jenn Marie Thorne. I loved the way she weaved political beliefs into this Princess Diaries type plot. So Aaron Sorkin like.
2. Becky Albertalli. This author created one of my favourite families and the e-mail relationship between Simon and Blue was so well done that I could root for them even without them having met.
1. Victoria Aveyard. More please. Just more.