Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s Top Ten is bookish things I have/want/need to quit. There’s nothing that I really have or want to quit so I did a slight spin and did Top Ten bookish things I should quit but won’t.
10. Buying the whole series before I’ve even finished the first book. I’m getting better this year with actually reading a lot of the older, completed series that I own but that doesn’t stop me from buying the new series that have come out. Waiting means less stress on my bookshelves since I don’t have to try to fit as many books on them. Waiting also means possibly not being able to find the hardcovers of the books when I do want to finally read them, and I love my hardcovers.
8. Falling for the “wrong” pairing. I don’t think there’s any real way to stop this one from happening. It just seems like most times I’m more interesting in the pairing of the love triangle that has no chance or, even worse, a pairing that doesn’t actually exist but I swear it should because so much chemistry!
6. Reading so much YA. There’s great books in the regular fiction section, in sci-fi, fantasy, mystery, biography, but those aren’t the sections I automatically gravitate to and I don’t see that changing. I’ve been branching out a little and there are adult authors I enjoy like Jojo Moyes and Robert Galbraith but I still go YA most times.
3. Getting attached to characters who will die. Again, not something I can control but I’m sure my walls would appreciate not having things thrown at them when it does happen.
2. Subscription boxes. This is a new thing and I subscribe to two amazing monthly boxes, Uppercase and Fandom of the Month. It’s money that could be used to buy more books or bookshelves or other things I need but the stuff in each box and all the flailing and interactions that come with each box every month make them worth it.
1. Reading so much. I should, at some point, go outside and interact with real people outside of work. One day. Maybe.