Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week’s Top Ten is a freebie so I’m doing Top Ten( of a top 5/top 5) good things and bad things about being a bookworm.
10. Always running out of space on your bookshelves. Which books do you move? Adding one book in a series to a shelf could mean a whole day of re-arranging every single book just so it looks right.
9. Feeling like you’re not reading enough because your TBR pile is growing and never seems to be going down.
8. Being unable to resist buying multiple copies of a book because the publisher released a special edition that includes deleted scenes, author essays, pictures, etc.
7. Losing time. Getting absorbed in a book is great but being late for appointments or forgetting to eat because of getting too absorbed….not so much.
6. Being the only person you know who has read a certain book so there’s no one to fangirl over it with you.
5. Always having something to do. Hard to be bored when you have a massive TBR pile.
4. Being ahead of the news when all your non-reading friends start freaking out about a new movie that looks good. You knew about it last year, way back when the rights were bought.
3. Having a whole community to talk to about anything book related.
2. Being able to collect so many bookish things: jewelry, totes, wall hangings, stickers, bookmarks, etc.
1. Visiting so many different worlds without leaving your bedroom.