Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week is Top Ten characters I didn’t click with.
10. Hermione from Harry Potter. At least at first. I came into the whole phenomenon late so I knew Hermione was the book lover character in the series. I think I was expecting this instant connection through love of books but instead I got a kind of annoying know-it-all. It took time for her to grow on me.
9. Bella Swan from Twilight. Does this one need explaining?
8. Alice from Side Effects May Vary. She just wasn’t a very good person.
7. Alice from My Blood Approves. Another girl caught up in the vampire world and making stupid decisions because she thinks she’s in love after a day.
6. Ana from Fifty Shades of Grey. Yeah, just no. We won’t be playing nice and being friends.
5. Naomi from Great. She was pretty judgmental and annoying.
4. Harper from Taking Chances. There were many times I just wanted to scream at her to act like a decent person. You’re a cheater hurting a great guy, you have no moral high ground.
3. Emma from The Law of Loving Others. This might be another case of expecting something different but I just couldn’t agree with anything she was doing and she had me rolling my eyes a lot.
2. Kit from Dear Killer. This is a character I’m glad I didn’t connect with, considering she’s a serial killer. She was just a little too all over the place for me.
1. Grace from Hello, I Love You. She just never tried to really be open to a new culture and new experiences even though she was living in a new country.