Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week is Top Ten books I’ve read so far this year. Limiting myself to the books that were released this year.
10. Red Queen – Victoria Aveyard. I was so excited for this book that I started my ARC the second the year turned into 2015(so it would count for the debut author challenge) and I was so happy that I wasn’t disappointed.
9. The Wrong Side of Right – Jenn Marie Thorne. I loved the political talk and the main character’s struggle to find herself in her new family.
8. Under a Painted Sky – Stacey Lee. History! Diversity! Awesome females! Cowboys! I loved this book before even starting it.
7. I’ll Meet You There – Heather Demetrios. Just another reason to love Heather Demetrios. Such a touching book with great characters.
6. The Summer of Chasing Mermaids – Sarah Ockler. It was sweet and fun but with an underlying message of using your voice.
5. The Start of Me and You – Emory Lord. I need a Max.
4. Challenger Deep – Neal Shusterman. A very in-depth look at mental illness that has stayed with me.
3. My Heart and Other Black Holes – Jasmine Warga. The way the author describes depression was very vivid and it was so well done.
2. Shutter – Courtney Alameda. This one was a great horror book to pick up and left me sleeping with the light on.
1. None of the Above- IW Gregorio. Such an important read about a subject that doesn’t get enough attention.