Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week is Top Ten favourite topics from past Top Ten Tuesdays.
10. TBRs: This may be cheating since it’s a topic done more than once a year but I love seeing what everyone is planning on reading each season. I always find new books to add to my own TBR.
9. Top Ten X: It’s the same way every time the category is more open. I love seeing what other people come up with.
8. Top Ten TV/movie: Because who doesn’t want to see their favourite books come to life on the screen? And if someone doesn’t, it’s always interesting to hear why as well.
7. Quotes: I love quotes. I have them everywhere. This topic produced so many great quotes from books I’d never read.
6. Check-in: This topic was all about checking-in with characters after the book/series was over. It was fun to think about what their lives would be like now. Hopefully better for a lot of them.
5. Childhood books: This topic did make me feel a little old when I realized just how much time has passed since some of these books came out but it was still a great trip down memory lane.
4. Heroines: I love strong, kickass female characters so this topic was great.
3. Debuts: I love reading debut authors so this topic is right up my alley.
2. Minor characters: So often my favourite characters ends up being someone besides the main one. This topic of which minor characters deserve their own book needs to actually happen in more than just pipe dream form.
1. Fictional places: I am not a traveler so when a book makes me want to visit that place, it’s done a great job.