Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week is Top Ten books I plan to have in my beach bag, which will make my bag very heavy. Book-hulk!
10. The Summer of Chasing Mermaids – Sarah Ockler. Even the cover says beach read! How could this not be in my bag?
9. How (not) to Fall in Love – Lisa Brown Roberts. Seems like this will be a cute and light romance, perfect for a beach(or poolside) read.
8. Joyride – Anna Banks. Definitely sounds a bit darker than a lot of summer-type reads but still, it’s hard not to think summer with this cover and the title.
7. Until Friday Night – Abbi Glines. Maybe a sunset beach read, both for the cover and the content. Doesn’t sound like any light stuff here.
6. The Night We Said Yes – Lauren Gibaldi. Carefree nights, parties, romance, second chances. A definite must for my beach bag.
5. The Revenge Playbook – Rachael Allen. This sounds really funny and who doesn’t like a little revenge?
4. Emancipated – MG Reyes. Six teens living on their own in Venice Beach, each of them keeping secrets. Sounds like a book where the tide could come in and I wouldn’t notice until I got wet since I’d be too absorbed in the book.
3. In A World Just Right – Jen Brooks. I needed something that wasn’t strictly contemporary in my bag and this parallel world plot sounds like just the thing.
2. Saint Anything – Sarah Dessen. I keep saying I’m going to read a Sarah Dessen book so I had to put one in my bag.
1. Never Always Sometimes – Adi Alsaid. I’ve been waiting for this one and it’s going in my bag the second I get it in my hands.