Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week is top ten inspirational quotes.
10. The Last Time We Say Goodbye – Cynthia Hand. “But if we believe that love is this powerful force that binds us together, and if this belief brings us happiness and stability in this tumultuous world, then what’s the harm?” Sometimes you need to take shelter in the arms of someone who loves you and whom you love, and there’s nothing wrong with that.
9. Faking Normal – Courtney C Stevens. “Every song deserves lyrics. Deserves a story to tell.” I love this quote because it’s so true, especially about people. Everyone deserves a chance to tell their story.
8. All The Bright Places – Jennifer Niven. “I learned that there is good in this world, if you look hard enough for it. I learned that not everyone is disappointing, including me, and that a 1,257 bump in the ground can feel higher than a bell tower if you’re standing next to the right person.” This one is simple but powerful in all its truth-telling.
7. Let’s Get Lost – Adi Alsaid. “What if she was supposed to be a painter, but no one ever gave her a brush?” What if is so right. There’s so many people in this world who could make a huge difference if they had just that little bit of help to get them started.
6. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire – JK Rowling. “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” I don’t think there will ever be a time when this one isn’t true. It’s easy to treat your superiors and equals well because you need them to move ahead, but when someone treats the people under him well, it says so much about him.
3. The Wrong Side of Right – Jenn Marie Thorne. “It’s amazing how much one person can change the world, even if they don’t know they’re doing it.” I love this one because there’s so many things you might do in the course of the day that can have an effect on someone and you’d never know it.
2. Snow Like Ashes – Sara Raasch. “No matter what happens, no matter who turns on me, no matter what pompous swine thinks he has power over me, I am still me. I will always be me.” This is one so powerful.