Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week is top ten books from my childhood/teen years I would revisit.
10. Baby-Sitter’s Club Series – Ann M Martin. This was one of the first series I started to collect with my own money and eventually I had the whole series plus the super-editions and the mysteries spin-off. It also made for some great bonding since my little sister was into the Baby-Sitter’s Little Sister series and I would usually buy one for me and one for her.
9. Circle of Magic Series – Tamora Pierce. My first taste of a fantasy world. I never really looked back after this series.
8. Diadem Series – John Peel. First experience with worlds other than earth. I really liked the puzzles in this series that the reader could solve along with the characters.
7. The Chronicles of Narnia – C.S. Lewis. The whole set was a Christmas present from my Godparents and after reading it, I insisted most of my family borrow them to experience the awesomeness.
6. Animorphs – K.A. Applegate. Me and my friends were so obsessed with this series.
5. The Guests of War trilogy – Kit Pearson. The author visited my school and that’s how I heard of her books so they hold a special place in my heart.
4. Hardy Boys Series – Franklin W Dixon. I collected this series more than any other as a child. Every sick day was a re-read of this series.
3. The Boxcar Children – Gertrude Chandler Warner. I have three siblings so there were four of us, just like the book, but they never wanted to play boxcar children with me:(
2. Harry Potter Series – J.K. Rowling. Because who doesn’t want to re-visit Hogwart’s at every opportunity.
1. Anne of Green Gables – Lucy Maud Montgomery. I actually grew up where this series is set so it hold such a huge, special place in my heart.