Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week is top ten books for readers who like being left thinking about the book long after reading it.
10. Challenger Deep – Neal Shusterman. This book deals with what it’s like for some people to live with schizophrenia. It was eye-opening and the more I read, the more I could see the parallels between the real world and Caden’s fantasy world.
9. Something Real – Heather Demetrios. With how many reality shows are on TV these days, this book makes you think of the affects being raised on camera in front of millions of people can have on the children of the show.
7. No Parking at the End Times – Bryan Bliss. This book deals with something a little different where it’s not the teenage characters messing up, it’s their parents. What do you do when your parents keep making bad decisions and you can no longer trust them?
3. When Reason Breaks – Cindy L Rodriguez. Another book dealing with depression and also anger issues and suicide(not a spoilers, it’s in the synopsis). Are one person’s reasons ever more important than another person’s?
2. Positive – Paige Rawl. A biography. This girl is amazing. Born HIV-positive and the whole school finding out, being bullied every day, just wanting to live her life and have fun. This books makes you wonder how people can be so cruel but also how people can be so brave.
1. The Last Time We Say Goodbye – Cynthia Hand. Another book dealing with suicide. This one has the main character trying to deal with her younger brother’s death. Would you notice? How could you ever deal?