1. I’ve never DNF’d a book. It doesn’t matter how much I’m not enjoying it, if I have to put it aside for a few days and come back to it, I will finish it. I know there’s plenty other books I will enjoy I could read instead but DNF’ing makes me feel like I accomplished nothing and wasted my time. At least by finishing, it adds to my total of books read.
2. Sometimes after reading a book that’s really affected me, I need to just be not okay for a while. This means I might avoid people who try to cheer me up or who will say that it was just a book. I don’t want to be comforted or placated, I just want to reflect and maybe cry.
3. I seem to have either gotten over getting sick while reading in the car or have done it so much anyway that it no longer happens.
4. I re-arrange the books on my shelves at least once a week.
5. Coffee shops are my favourite place to read outside of the home.
6. I’m always surprised when someone says they’re going to read a book based on a review I’ve written or a recommendation I’ve given.
7. If I’m visiting another city, I always research where the bookstores are even if I don’t have time to go there.
8. If I add up the cost of all my books, my collection is the most expensive thing I own. Probably by triple.
9. I am ultra-organized when it comes to my books. I have a journal to write thoughts down while reading to help with reviews, a journal with ARCs listed by their release date so I know which ones need to be read soon, a journal with a list of books that I want to buy and what month they’re released, and now a journal to keep track of the debut authors and contemporary books for the two big challenges I’m participating in.
10. I keep meaning to do a exploration of blogs that are out there but so far haven’t found the time. Next day off, I have it planned to just spend the day going through book blogs, following the ones with similar interests, and hopefully making some more friends.
11. I worry about saying the wrong thing, wording something the wrong way, or sounding too preachy in reviews.
12. I’m very picky to whom I lend my books out to.