Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week is top ten heroines from books.
10. Sam McKenna from Rites of Passage – Joy N Hensley. This girl kicks some major ass through the book as she proves a girl can handle and succeed at military school just as well as any boy.
9. Celaena Sardothian from Throne of Glass – Sarah J Maas. She knows she awesome and she owns it.
8. Rose Hathaway from Vampire Academy – Richelle Mead. She’s going to do whatever it takes to protect her best friend, she’s been training most of her life to fight Strigoi.
7. Meira from Snow Like Ashes – Sara Raasch. This girl is part of a very small group determined to re-gain their Kingdom. She’s wiling to go to any length to prove herself.
6. Blue Sargent from The Raven Boys – Maggie Stiefvater. She’s not kicking ass physically but verbally, and she has to being surrounded by boys with such strong personalities. There’s times I wonder how those boys got anything done before she came along.
5. Wren Connolly from Reboot – Amy Tintera. She was dead for 178 minutes before coming back to life, making her less emotional, less human, and left her with the ability to kick ass and heal fast.
4. Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games – Suzanne Collins. She volunteered for her sister. That was enough for me to love her forever, no matter what happened afterward.
3. Elisa from Girl of Fire and Thorns – Rae Carson. The growth she shows as character is fantastic and she starts off as a very likeable character and turns into an amazing character.
2. Ruby from The Darkest Minds – Alexandra Bracken. This girl is going to do whatever it takes to stay alive. She’s going to protect her friends. She’s going to survive.
1. Lex from The Last Time We Say Goodbye – Rae Carson. Another contemporary character. She’s not kicking major ass but instead dealing with the death of her brother. What she goes through is something I don’t even want to imagine.