Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week is top ten 2015 debuts I’m most excited for. I’ve been looking forward to this week’s topic because there are so many debuts that look amazing.
10. The Wrong Side of Right – Jean Marie Thorne. The synopsis mentions Aaron Sorkin. That’s enough for me.
9. Under a Painted Sky – Stacey Lee. It’s set in 1849 and is about two girls on the Oregon trail. I have a slight obsession with the old west and it’s something we don’t see a lot of in books.
8. An Ember in the Ashes – Sabaa Tahir. I read the first few chapters online and have been wanting more ever since.
7. Love, Fortunes, and Other Disasters – Kimberly Karalius. This one sounds quirky and a whole lot of fun.
6. My Heart and Other Black Holes – Jasmine Warga. They changed the cover for some reason but I still like this one. This seems quirky but also heartbreaking.
5. Becoming Jinn – Lori Goldstein. After Heather Demetrios’ Exquisite Captive, I want all the books with Jinni’s that I can find.
4. Magonia – Maria Dahvana Headley. One girl. Two worlds. War coming. Sounds good.
3. Skyscrapping – Cordelia Jensen. I have a thing for broken families trying to repair themselves before it’s too late so I’m definitely excited for this one.
2. Shutter – Courtney Alameda. A new horror book. Every now and then I’m in the mood for something that could terrify me into sleepless nights and this one seems like it could definitely do the job.
1. Dead to Me – Mary McCoy. The synopsis on this one sold me. LA Confidential for YA, golden-age of Hollywood setting, film noir feel. I have a feeling I’ll love it.