Top Ten Tuesday was started by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday there’s a different topic. This week is top ten authors I’ve only read one book from but want to read more.
10. Mindy McGinnis. The world she was able to build was terrifyingly realistic.
9. Sarah J Maas. I loved the first book but still haven’t read anything else by her. I do plan to remedy that before the end of the year.
8. Alexandra Bracken. I just barely finished her first book so I haven’t really had time to pick up another but I wish I had started this one earlier so maybe I’d have already read more.
7. Anne Blankman. I loved the way she told the story in this book and her ability to put history in there without making the book dry.
6. Rachel M Wilson. One of more than a few debut authors on the list but I’m hoping they’re all not one and done. She has this ability to suck me in and make me feel what the main character is feeling.
5. Michelle Krys. I loved the world and the characters. The next one can’t come out soon enough.
4. Joy N Hensley. One of my favourites books and characters of the year. There’s not enough badass, strong female characters in contemporary books and her next one is supposed to have the same.
3. Sara Raasch. I love complex world building and this one is amazingly complicated. I need to see what else this author can do.
2. Shannon Lee Alexander. It’s been a while since I went on such an amazingly emotional roller-coaster and the fact that the author was able to weave in complicated math without making it feel out of place was amazing.
1. Amy Tintera. This one, I admit, is a cheat. I’ve read two of her books but I NEED more! More worlds to love, more characters to love, more heartbreak.